CHEMICAL PEELS – SKIN GLOW
WHAT IS A CHEMICAL PEEL?
Chemical peel is a liquid applied to skin for it’s rejuvenation. Word chemical peel is a misnomer. It’s concentrated fruit acid extracts derived from fruits. Glycolic acid is made from sugarcane, lactic acid peel from milk, so on and so forth.
WHAT ARE THE USES OF PEELS?
When applied to skin it:
- Removes the superficial dead layer. Topmost dead layer should be removed at frequent intervals to allow better penetration of skin care products. Also, to give instant skin clarity.
- Hydrates the skin.
- By removing dead skin and hydrating it, its leaves the skin clear and rejuvenated.
- In case of oily skin, reduces oil production.
- Kill pimple causing bacteria. Thus helps cure acne.
- They remove skin pigmentation. When superficial dead skin is removed, pigment deposited is removed along the way.
- Long run, if one is regular with peels, it delays ageing by boosting collagen production in skin.
HOW ARE PEELS DONE?
A liquid is applied to skin with a brush. It’s left for few minutes. Slight burning sensation is felt. Then it’s neutralized and removed with a neutralizer.
WHAT ARE PEELS SIDE EFFECTS?
If done by a doctor using high end products, following all necessary instructions, chances of side-effects are nil.
DOES PEEL HURT?
No, slight burning sensation is felt when peel is applied which goes off when peel is removed.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF PEELS?
Peels are of two types:
Superficial peels: Peels off the superficial layers, and peeling at microscopic level so not visible to naked eyes.
Deep peels: Peels penetrate deeper into skin, and leads to visible peeling.
ARE THERE ANY POST PROCEDURE PRECAUTIONS?
Person can resume normal life immediately post procedure. Regular use of moisturizer and sunscreen is advised for a week. Also avoid any other chemical treatment on face like bleach, facial etc. for a week post procedure.
ONCE I STOP TAKING PEELS, WOULD MY SKIN BECOME WORSE?
Not at all. Once the effect wanes off after 12 to 18 months, one is back to where one started from, never at -1. So getting repeated sessions is purely out of choice and never out of dependency on the procedure.
HOW ARE THE PEELS SESSIONS SCHEDULED?
Depending upon the indication and type of peel used, 3 to 5 sessions are suggested. They are scheduled every ten to fifteen days.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF CHEMICAL PEELS?
There are various types of chemical peels:
- Glycolic Peel
- Salicylic Peel
- TCA Peel
- Lactic acid Peel
- Jessner’s Peel
FOLLOW UTUBE: https://bit.ly/2C9NPd3